DTMAce's Z26 project - DD usage for the time being - 6-8-12

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
DTMAce

Howdy all

Post by DTMAce »

Well, finished bolting the ground effects on, and the front inner splash guards.  Finally got to lower it off of the jack stands!

As for the external stuff, just have to put in the gas lid, the markers and 3rd brake, and some of the trim for the top of the front windshield and the two small strips behind the top corner of the doors toward the rear window.  I think all the other exterior bs is done though.  Still will have to go over the paint and do a little polishing, but nothing major.  The clear did really well.  Will do that when I get it back in here in April.

Anyways, took some pictures for you all tonight.

These last two are just shots of the inside, at its worst.  After I get done working on it, it will look MUCH better!  lol  You can see the blown air bag and the new shifter... I plan to make up a boot for it, rather than the simple stick they usually have.  I like how Kyle had his, going to do something similar I think.   Leather and Oak sounds ... Different.  LOL

Anyways, enjoy.  Once I get it outside TOMORROW, I will get a few more final pics before storage.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

DTMAce

Howdy all

Post by DTMAce »

These are the last pictures you all will see till I get her back out this march/april.

I finished the lighting, and painted the "beretta" on the rear end.  These shots are with it running, and the parking lights/fogs on.  No flash was used, so the sidemarkers are being lit by the LEDs, not a flash.  

All that is left, is the gas lid, and the center lower "dam" under the radiator core.  Mine was junk, need to find a replacement.  If anyone has that little piece, by all means, let me know.

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Money pit Beretta

Howdy all

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Man, those LED's look great. The red paint on filler is very nice also. What kind of muffler and tips are those? That car looks so good! There was just enough sun to work.

keep'em flying!
DTMAce

Howdy all

Post by DTMAce »

Yeah those LED's stand out big time.  The red paint is a very close match to the chevy badge's color on the front, it looks a bit more orange than it does there.

The muffler actually is a cheap one that I will probably end up replacing in a couple years, with my luck.  The tips are the originals that came on the car when I bought it.  I just put the new muffler on just a few days ago.  First time I have done anything to the exhaust since I bought it new.

Yeah, it looks really good, I like how the passenger side looks in the more rear-on shot.  Like a mirror...

Oh, the sun was gone btw.  It was nearly dark.  LOL   It looks way greener than it does in the pictures though.  Quite pretty I must say...  

Money pit Beretta

Howdy all

It was hard to tell on the tips. I kept looking at the old sig photo, but wasn't sure. I did remember that you said that had put a new muffler on, so I had to ask. The sun was gone? Then those were even better photo's than I thought. They almost look like a pro did it, less the reflections. Guess I'll have to wait to see the green.

keep'em flying!
DTMAce

Howdy all

Post by DTMAce »

Thanks.  Don't worry, I plan to take more pictures in a few months.  Here is a writeup I did on bstuff about the LEDs and how to make them.

How I made the LED Lights

Bandit

Howdy all

Post by Bandit »

(DTMAce @ Jan. 07 2009,10:53)QUOTEWell, if you don't know already bandit, the date for the MI meet is April 25-26th.  rettagurl has already lined up a hotel willing to do 2 people to a room for 50 bucks.  Not bad.

I will be taking some final pictures once I get it out of the garage before it goes into storage for the next couple months, don't worry. ÂÂÂ
Ok, Thanks for the info.  I will get a hold of Sara for the hotel info.  

The car looks fawkin sexy man!  I love it!  I love the look of those LED side markers.  Now you said you used those LED bulbs in the tails?  They almost light up like a regular bulb but are brighter.  Either way, the car looks damn good!  I can't wait to see it at the meet.

- Ryan -
1987 Jeep Wrangler 4x4
1995 Chevy S10 Ext. Cab 4x4
DTMAce

Howdy all

Post by DTMAce »

Yeah, all of the exterior lighting is LED except the fogs and headlights.  Each of the 2156/57s have 24 LEDs EACH.  The 194 wedge bulbs used in the tail lights had I think 6 LEDs each, and the one for the license plate light had 5.

Each side marker has 12 LEDs, and the third brake light has 36 of them.  Lot of damn lights.  All of the LEDs for this car cost me $155.  Not a bad upgrade.

Money pit Beretta

Howdy all

Well, I guess it's good bye for now. Thanks for posting all of this DTMAce. Please post when you get it back out! Also, I like your new avatar.

keep'em flying!
DTMAce

Howdy all

Post by DTMAce »

Why goodbye?   LOL

I still have things I am looking for, projects to work on, etc.  Not going anywhere yet, just won't be working on the Beretta itself for a couple months is all.  Though I will be doing a new thread when I bring it back in.

Besides, I have been getting requests for LED marker/brake light conversions.  Anyone that is interested, PM me.  Laters!

Money pit Beretta

Howdy all

Goodbye to the car is what I should have said.  I was looking at your LED thread on Bstuff and it looks like alot of people want them. I'm glad to hear that you will still be here.

keep'em flying!
DTMAce

Howdy all

Post by DTMAce »

Well, a few planned updates of what I have to finish:

1:  Gas tank, possibly fuel lines too, not sure yet.

1.5:  New front calipers, rotors, and pads.  Need to do, but they are working for the time being, probably will do once the current set of pads are near done.  See how my money is before I decide when.

2:  LIMG  (also doing T STat, Plugs, Wires, and general engine compartment cleaning, might change oil pan gasket and oil pump if I have time)

3:  Pull the seats, pull the console, gut the carpet, pull the rear deck panel.

4:  Fix floor pan areas that are rusty, (not bad but needs a couple places fixed) seal and paint.

5:  Fix front lower pillar corners and repaint.  (both are rusty)

6:  Find and fix ALL leaks.  This includes the ones in the front firewall corners, a small one in the sunroof gasket (not the mounting thank god) and a rear window or rear seam leak on the pass side.

7:  Install new carpet.  Recarpet the console and front speaker kickers. (if I have time)

8:  Re upholster the seats with new fabric.  Have a custom idea in mind, share later.

9:  Convert all interior lighting to LED, including the dash and panel lights.

10:  Install new head unit for the sound system.  Finish re working the 12" sub, have to fix a wire internally, no biggie, then recarpet the box.

11:  Repair the E-brake boot, replace the shifter panel, the shifter knob, and some other work on the console.

11.5: Fix or replace the visors and re mount my rear view.

12:  Thoroughly clean everything on the interior.

And I have to get all that done probably in 2 to 3 weeks, before going to the Michigan meet.    What fun!

Money pit Beretta

Howdy all

Lots of work there, but with how fast you work I bet it's almost done. It's kind of a bad time of year for a meet, hope the weather is good.

keep'em flying!
DTMAce

Re: Howdy all

Post by DTMAce »

Updates, just rolled the Z back home so I can start working on it. Stopped and took some nice pics by the beach, even though it is terrible dirty with dust!

Yes it was full on sunlight, and yes the parking lights are on, but obviously the lights do not show up much during the daytime. Figured they wouldn't, but then even with regular bulbs they weren't much different. *shrug

Now to start the rest of the work I need to do. This next week will be busy.

DTMAce

Re: Howdy all

Post by DTMAce »

Few more shots of the lighting. I just took these later so they would show a bit better. I really think I will be building myself a set of the LED tail mods, after looking at this again. When it is darker they look better, and to be honest they are bright enough during the day, but I think my strip mod idea would be much better. But that can be for later. Also included is a shot of the LED 3rd brake! Enjoy!

Also updated my LED thread with some of this as well. Tomorrow, pull the wipers and the cowl. First thing I want to fix are the leaks in the firewall. :D