BFest 2013: Denver Colorado Planning and Suggestion Thread

Archive section for Bfest Topics
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

Hello Beretta Community! :beer:

BerettaFest 2013: Denver Colorado June 20 - 23!

First of all I would like to thank all of you, well the majority of you, for voting for BFest 2013 to be in Colorado! I know it is a long drive for most all of you to attend and I promise to do all I can to make it worth every cent of your gas money.

This thread has been created to update you on the itinerary, hotel and whatever else needs discussed. It is also an outlet for you to voice any concerns or suggestions that you may have for the event. Please remember that all final decisions will be the committee's to decide. However the input of the community is valued and appreciated.

First of all I have been considering altering the proposed cruise route. Currently we are set to go up Mt. Evans Road, the highest paved road in North America. However with most all of you coming from a much lower altitude, if not sea level, I have a growing concern that altitude sickness may ruin the cruise for many of you. Coming from sea level to 14,265 feet is no easy task for many human bodies, even over the course of two or three days time. Are there any other destinations or routes you would like to see/take? Remember that we can also skip the cruise and make it a road course day! :twisted:

On that note, remember to stay hydrated! Dehydration is one of the leading causes of altitude sickness. Also, sunscreen is your friend. You have to remember that you are literally a mile closer to the sun up here and it will burn you that much quicker!

So, besides the cruise alteration anything else you wish to discuss? I know that the drag strip is a hot topic and I assure you that I am working on all possible angles in order to please all of those that want to attend. Please also have a look at the itinerary a second time to refresh your memory on what is already listed out. It is attached and the link to the online version is right here: https://sites.google.com/site/berettafe ... orado/home
Remember, the online version has plenty of links providing information on almost every aspect of the itinerary.

PS: Let it be known, and pardon my french, but I will not let this thread turn into a crap show of bantering and arguments. Everyone's opinion is valid and will be heard, however I expect the discussion to be civil.
Attachments
BFest Colorado.docx
(22.66 KiB) Downloaded 160 times

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
Bman Gtz

Re: BFest 2013: Denver Colorado Planning and Suggestion Thre

Post by Bman Gtz »

What's the date on this again Ryan?

BMAN

Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

Edited into the first post!

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
Ozzwoman9

Post by Ozzwoman9 »

I know I may not be able to attend :(
But I have to say, I had no problem with the climb to Mt Evans and I had never been in the mts at all before then. And it's an amazing view up in those clouds!

If I remember correctly, isn't there a park area at the beginning of the climb to Mt Evans? Is there some place there where those who see concerned about the climb can chill out?

If no Mt Evans cruise, then what about lookout Mt?

And everyone watch out for wildlife around every corner of the cruise!! :)

Sent from my iPhone.
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347496073.695107.jpg

Mostly you meet friends when traveling by accident, like by sitting next to them on the train, or in a restaurant, or in a holding cell.
1995 Beretta Z26 3100
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

This is true Mindy, this is true. You did fine! Which is kind of odd. This is a legitimate concern But yes, there is a park near the base of the drive to the summit. But Lookout Mountain would be nice too. Great views of Denver from there.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
Rex 2.0
Global Moderator

Post by Rex 2.0 »

Good info Ryan. I am going to start on the Bfest app with the info you gave me. Let me know when the different events become official. I will send pm's if I have any questions. I have been trying to find a way to add in the hotel info and require some kind of unlock code for it to show up. If I do get it working I would still have to get approval from the committee to put it in.

What kind of cost are we talking about for Bandimere dragway?

Are the yards free to go in and look around?

Is there a fee for the mountain route to the summit? Some touristy mountains make you pay to use certain roads.

If I attend I will most likely fly and rent a car. Cost way to much to tow and driving it would put me over my 5,000/year to keep it emissions exempt. I would still chip in for bandimere help others out. Maybe even get a "sporty" rental and race that. :D

92 GTZ TURBO <-- Rex Mobile
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Roll the odo back... lol

I'm not exempt for emissions but it passes with flying colors being OBDII... gee I wonder why. :twisted:

I'm really hoping I can make it and the more Amy thinks about it she almost wants to blow off this wedding if it does happen... we'll see.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

What kind of cost are we talking about for Bandimere dragway?
- If I remember correctly it is somewhere in the $3000 range for a private rental and that would occur in the AM/noon time. It is $35-ish to get into the Friday Night Drags, but that is a full on bracket racing event. The positives and negatives of both of these have been discussed at length on FB. Jene has all of the knowledge on official costs but I have not seen her on here much at all lately. She is all over FB though. I can get solid numbers and get them on here as well as the pros and cons to track rental vs. event attendance if people would like it.

Are the yards free to go in and look around?
- One of the yards is indeed free. Another one is $2 to get in. Another one is also $2 to get in but then we have free admission to their partner location. Nothing is more than $2 and as mentioned in the proposal the two largest yards we would visit have their inventory available online so we can determine if it is even worth going there.

Is there a fee for the mountain route to the summit? Some touristy mountains make you pay to use certain roads.
- Yes, there is a $10 fee per car. This drive is gorgeous and you will not mind paying the $10 to help keep it that way. Mindy has been up there with me and that is the picture she posted above.

Oh, and BFest > Wedding.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
Rex 2.0
Global Moderator

Post by Rex 2.0 »

I do have an extra cluster I could just pop in for the trip. :wink:

I don't mind the fee's for the different events just wanted an idea for budget planning.

92 GTZ TURBO <-- Rex Mobile
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

Rex 2.0 wrote:I do have an extra cluster I could just pop in for the trip. :wink:
Winning idea.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

To update everyone I am in talks with a few hotels concerning pricing and logistics. I'll have this information as soon as I can!

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

Thoughts on hotel prices people? I think that you have all become accustomed to paying a little more in order to get a little more. But I don't want to break the bank either. I know that this will cost many of you a pretty penny as it is, but I want us to have some damn nice digs in a great location too. I have a hotel spotted out currently that looks to be a winner. But I have yet to contact them and discuss pricing...

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Ryan I think you will have to make this decision on your own using your best judgement... as we all know this board is DEAD regarding Bfest planning and same goes for the yahoo group yet every year there are complaints.

I would say keeping it under last years cost would be nice.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
ronaconda

Post by ronaconda »

Styluss wrote:Thoughts on hotel prices people? I think that you have all become accustomed to paying a little more in order to get a little more. But I don't want to break the bank either. I know that this will cost many of you a pretty penny as it is, but I want us to have some damn nice digs in a great location too. I have a hotel spotted out currently that looks to be a winner. But I have yet to contact them and discuss pricing...
IMO, i think that if you get something in the ballpark of the hotel that we had in Chicago, i'd be happy. Cost was good, amenities were decent, the room was decent, and they didn't care if we took over their parking lot!!!

Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

Do you remember what that cost was?

1989 GTU - The Nice Car