2013 Proposal Help...

Archive section for Bfest Topics
ronaconda

Re: 2013 Proposal Help...

Post by ronaconda »

At are the flaws??? We don't even know the process!!! The one flaw that comes to mind is that it wasn't presented to the full group via the mailing list as with anything else we've voted on. It should has been proposed in Indy and put to a vote AFTER the details were worked out.

As far as being split into three groups, I think we are two thirds there and this is just widening the gap.

And there won't be another Vegas proposal...at least not from me as I will no longer be living there.

ronaconda

Post by ronaconda »

Anything new yet guys??? Leaving it to the last minute to know if i'm wasting my time preparing a presentation, IF they can be made by proxy, let alone finding an attendee to make the pitch, doesn't seem like good practice...especially since PLENTY of time has passed since the decision was made...

IMO the ball has already been dropped on this process...stick with the traditional online proposals/voting this year and up the deadline/vote so we know no later than the end of August where next 2013's fest will be. In the meantime, and maybe no later than the end of the year, iron out the details of the 'new' process and implement them for the 2014 proposals.

DONE!!!

quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Post by quad4berettagtz »

We have been discussing A LOT what details to iron out etc. within the committee. It isn't so easy getting 7 people to agree on something you know ;) There has not been a final final decision made yet, however we will have one by the end of the week.

Also, we are six weeks out from BerettaFest... If someone can't put a proposal together in six weeks....

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

Ozzwoman9 wrote:Doesn't matter how it's done, someone somewhere is going to complain and there will always be issues that will have to be worked out no matter what.

Personally, I think the USA should be divided into 3 groups...East, Middle, West. At the bfest picnic a number should be drawn (1 thru 3) and only proposals from that region may be accepted the following year, and then that chosen region should be taken out of the hat the following year. That way we won't have so much whining about it being unfair for the same people driving so far each year.
Sent from my iPhone.
Part one of your post I could not agree more with. You CANNOT please everyone at the same time.

However the split up of the states into three regions idea is a poor one in my mind. Want to see the biggest fail of a BFest ever? Have the western states get drawn. Why will it fail? Because then everyone will feel obligated to attend a Fest in the West as well, that is the way the cards were drawn. More people will want to come to a Fest in the West if it was voted on by the community in my opinion. Plus, observing the new proposal process, your thought is flawed. What say we draw section 1, the Western states at the picnic but there is no one there with a proposal for a western state?

And we will always have people that complain about the drive. TRUE enthusiasts will never complain and will attend regardless of state. Look Chad's way for the most awesome example. I for one am of the "I love the drive, it is half of the fun of the Fest" mindset. The arguments over the drive time just kill me every year. But again, you can't please everyone. And even if the Fest was in the EXACT center of the 50 states, people would still complain. Either about the drive or something else.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
Ozzwoman9

2013 Proposal Help...

Post by Ozzwoman9 »

Styluss wrote:
Ozzwoman9 wrote:Doesn't matter how it's done, someone somewhere is going to complain and there will always be issues that will have to be worked out no matter what.

Personally, I think the USA should be divided into 3 groups...East, Middle, West. At the bfest picnic a number should be drawn (1 thru 3) and only proposals from that region may be accepted the following year, and then that chosen region should be taken out of the hat the following year. That way we won't have so much whining about it being unfair for the same people driving so far each year.
Sent from my iPhone.
Part one of your post I could not agree more with. You CANNOT please everyone at the same time.

However the split up of the states into three regions idea is a poor one in my mind. Want to see the biggest fail of a BFest ever? Have the western states get drawn. Why will it fail? Because then everyone will feel obligated to attend a Fest in the West as well, that is the way the cards were drawn. More people will want to come to a Fest in the West if it was voted on by the community in my opinion. Plus, observing the new proposal process, your thought is flawed. What say we draw section 1, the Western states at the picnic but there is no one there with a proposal for a western state?

And we will always have people that complain about the drive. TRUE enthusiasts will never complain and will attend regardless of state. Look Chad's way for the most awesome example. I for one am of the "I love the drive, it is half of the fun of the Fest" mindset. The arguments over the drive time just kill me every year. But again, you can't please everyone. And even if the Fest was in the EXACT center of the 50 states, people would still complain. Either about the drive or something else.
I was using the "regions" as an idea to keep everyone from complaining about it seemingly being that bfest is favored in the east. And yes, I know that's why we have a voting system, but I hear things people have said in the past so I was throwing the idea out there.

I would love to go this year, but it's too close to baby due date and I've been told I'm not going that far alone! lol
But I am heading up to Chicago/IN area soon, sure wish bfest time was a bit sooner so I could at least have a caravan! :)

Sent from my iPhone.

Mostly you meet friends when traveling by accident, like by sitting next to them on the train, or in a restaurant, or in a holding cell.
1995 Beretta Z26 3100
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I'm still waiting for a Bfest West proposal to win, I honestly wouldn't mind the ride and Amy's on board with that as well.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

Don't worry, I'll keep submitting Denver!

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Post by quad4berettagtz »

Styluss wrote:Don't worry, I'll keep submitting Denver!
"Like"!

I proposed to Amanda at Bfest '04 out in Denver. Would love a return trip!

On a more official note - please see the thread in the main announcements about all the official rule changes!

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern