5-speed swap stuff, shifter, pedal assy, etc

List any Item for a Beretta that you want to purchase
Rettax3

5-speed swap stuff, shifter, pedal assy, etc

Post by Rettax3 »

Feeling ready to change-out the 125C (aka 3T40) auto from my Yellow Indy for a Muncie/Getrag 282 5-speed. I have a 282 that should be good for the swap, and I think I have a decent set of CVs for it (at least serviceable, if not truly 'decent'). I even have a five-speed ECU from a digi-dash '89 GTU that I can swap PROMs with to keep the computer and idle happy. Hydraulics are not a problem for me as I have a few extra sets hanging on the wall.

But, my spare manual shifter assembly, and I think the cables, are still with my Z-26 in storage, and I would kind of like to keep them for that car anyway, since it is slotted for a 3.4 DOHC and five-speed swap eventually anyway. Ditto with the clutch and brake-pedal assembly I bought for that swap.

So, if anyone has one they want to part with or even a manual-trans car they are parting out, I would like the following:

-Five-speed shifter assembly.
-Shifter cables (yeah, I know, I know...).
-Clutch and brake-pedal assembly, or at least clutch pedal assembly.

Holidays are coming up, and I am not looking to spend a bunch of money (hey, in that regard, I am a typical Beretta owner. :wink: ). I spent about $15 bucks for each piece the last time I bought these parts from a salvage-yard (well, I actually didn't pay that, but I also bought two five-speeds from the yard at that time, so the extras were basically free, but that was the fair going-rate for them at that time). I am not saying that is all I will spend, but that is a nice starting-point to me, especially if the shifter has some slop in it or the cables are starting to fray a little. So, let me know what you have and what you want for it. PMs are fine, posting to this thread is also fine. And to anyone who feels like spitting drama at my thread with comments like 'You will never get anything for that price because I know everyone on this entire board and I said so.' or 'My pieces are solid gold and cost $x,xxx when I bought them.' or BS like 'I have 18 of each of these, but I actually can't sell them because I am building my robot army out of them, and my Mom said no.', please feel free not to post or reply at all. Figure they will have to be shipped, because I don't seem to be within 200 miles of anyone else on this board, and I will happily work out the details of that via PM, in agreement with my Witness Protection Agreement. :P Thanks in advance.

Edit:
PS -I will have the TH125C, CV joints, shifter, and cable available if anyone is interested in them -this car is a DD, has roughly 151k miles, runs and drives great. I will have to double-check, but I don't think the CVs are clicking or grinding at all, and I have a few extra sets of them (including a new pair). TCC operates properly (so far as the GM engineers are concerned, at least), tranny does not slip. About due for a service though, one reason why I want to put in a five-speed now as I neither want to invest in an auto I don't want to keep nor abuse a good tranny someone else could use.

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
ronaconda

Re: 5-speed swap stuff, shifter, pedal assy, etc

Post by ronaconda »

I have what you are looking for and have had it for years. It will be some time before i can do my swap and still run into 5-speeds from time to time in the yards. PM me and we can work something out.

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

I have the shifter assembly. PM me if interest with offer.

_________
-------------
Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

Got what I needed, thanks to those that replied. Donor was an '88 GT with 147k miles -everything looks really good too. If all goes well, I will be starting the Yellow Indy's five-speed swap very soon here, and very possibly bolting in another 3800 SC engine in front of it! I WON'T be doing anything crazy with the exhaust like I did on the GTU though, so it will be a very simple and straight-forward conversion. :wink:

Edit: Well, I spoke too soon on the 3800 swap -I missed the sale on the engine, so I probably won't be bothering with it at this time. That is okay though, the Yellow Indy's 3.1 runs really well right now, and I am not actually desperate to spend money on an engine I don't absolutely need... :pardon:

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26