BerettaFest 2009 Location Proposals

Archive section for Bfest Topics
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Post by quad4berettagtz »

Ok folks,

With my running seriously late on getting the '09 season running, we will be doing BOTH location proposals and committee nominations at the same time.  I have had my plate more than full since we all got home from Bfest '08, and I apologize for this delay caused by personal commitments of mine.  Info on the committee nominations will be coming in another message.
Bfest location proposals will be accepted from now until the end of Friday November 28th.  This, although shorter than in past years, should be enough time for proposals because people I'm sure have already gotten info together and know where they are going to propose...  Remember that proposals that are to be submitted must follow the official rules:

Official Bfest '09 Proposal Rules

For your proposal to be officially accepted (by myself and/or other committee members) you need to abide by a few ground rules to keep this as simple as possible for everyone involved. Plus- the better organized the proposal, the better chance it has to win!

1. All proposals MUST be posted at minimum to the mailing list. Proposals posted on the message board are good, but you still must post to the email list. Any proposals submitted ONLY to the board will NOT be accepted. We have always kept official things on the list, enough said.

2. Your proposal needs to have backround info done on hotels in the area. Are there many to choose from? What is the price range? You could go a step further and get group price rates, scout out parking, and if the
neighborhood is nice. YOU MUST NOT GIVE OUT SPECIFIC HOTEL INFO TO THE LIST. Keep your
info "generic" so that the hotel identity can be kept confidential.

3. Activities: Group- look for things that we could tour as a group. Is there a car plant nearby? Big accesory shop or performace parts shop (GM Heritage Center, Comp
Cams, Extrude Hone)?? Or just something that a variety of people will enjoy... keep the options open!
Free time- look for things more specific that people could
do in free time. Is there a touristy area that would be fun to visit?
Theme parks? Zoo? It is a good idea to keep this broad as well.

4. Optional Racing: Since our group is about 50/50 on drag racing, it is still a worthwhile activity to have mapped out. Look into tracks, prices, drive
time, etc. Another thing to look at is other racing/driving opportunities. In past Bfests we have road rallied, rented a road course, and autocrossed as well. Autocrossing is a great alternative to drag racing. Look into possible autox groups that would run events and talk to the organizers... perhaps we could get an event set up for our weekend.

5. Local help: It is going to be a REQUIREMENT this year that your area has local planners willing to help. I would hope that if you are proposing a site that you would be the obvious choice for this... just don't shout out a
place if you aren't willing to back it up. If your proposal is accepted, you MUST be willing to help the Bfest Committee in the pre event planning throughout the year. You may be asked to run to different sites in the
area, and most importantly YOU WILL BE REPONSIBLE FOR THE DIRECTIONS.
We are looking to upgrade our directions over past years, and you WILL be an integral part of this. We look forward to your help and input.

6. Tenative Schedule: put together a tenative schedule based on the usual thursday through sat/sun format we have been running for the last few years.

Once again we will be accepting proposals until Nov 28th! I am truly excited to get this years Bfest planning underway, and I can't wait to see the sites proposed this year. I am sure 2009 will be a great Bfest with even more fun than ever! Good luck to everyone, and happy proposing! ;)

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

I am out of town as of now, but once I get home on the 23rd I will make the minor changes to my proposal and submit it ASAP!!!

BFEST 2009 - St. Louis!!!

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Post by quad4berettagtz »

Other than Styluss' hint at a proposal submission in 5 days, we have not seen any new proposals!!  I know there was some talk going on about a couple of locations even back at Bfest '08.  Lets get some proposals in so that we as a group have choices!!  Remember, if there is only one valid proposal...  it wins by default!

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
Cliff8928
Administrator

Post by Cliff8928 »

Come on, I've heard a few other locations out there?  Anyone working on NC or NJ?

Cliff Scott
gtuturbo

Post by gtuturbo »

I recommend that the deadline gets extended by a week. A holiday week is usually demanding for attention in other areas. Just a thought...

Paul Keller
1988 Chevrolet Beretta GTU (turbocharged) (bought new in August 1988)
1966 Oldsmobile Cutlass Convertible
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT
2017 Kia Sorento V6 AWD
2017 GMC Acadia SLE-1
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

(Cliff8928 @ Nov. 19 2008,01:32)QUOTECome on, I've heard a few other locations out there?  Anyone working on NC or NJ?
I don't think anyone would ever get a majority vote for a NJ Bfest, Thats an extreme east coast location... Thats almost like a Nevada one being proposed.

The ONLY thing I don't like about a St. Louis Proposal right now is its already been done...  Granted maybe the events would change but St. Louis already won a location once, so I think its time to try others.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Cliff8928
Administrator

Post by Cliff8928 »

I agree on the STL one.  I know NJ may have a hard time winning votes, but I saw conversation on it....

Cliff Scott
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Only person I know of that would do a NJ one is either Sousa or Nasty, and well Sousa has way too much going on to organize that, and Nasty just doesn't seem to care enough to bother.  SO I think NJ is out for this year.

I dont know if there has been a year where there were only 2 submissions... Wasnt there at least 3 or 4 last year?  So far its looking like NC and STL...

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
NastyEllEssWon

Post by NastyEllEssWon »

actually i spoke with people at raceway park and they said that they wouldnt be able to schedule any type of rental/event until after dec 30th. if the location scouting of bfest wasnt so early in the year (still this years race season) i'd be able to get prices.

id be able to get info from atco but really that would be hard because atco is in the middle of nowhere. it would have to wait for a minimeet.

Cliff8928
Administrator

Post by Cliff8928 »

What about some of those ones that didn't win last year??  Where are those?  They don't even have much work to do to re-submit them!

Cliff Scott
Kyle Anderson

Post by Kyle Anderson »

/\/\/\

Indianapolis was the other proposal in the final 2 last year. It had my vote because we were set up to view the convertible. I would certainly vote for it again.

MikeH

Post by MikeH »

(Kyle Anderson @ Nov. 26 2008,11:47)QUOTE/\/\/\

Indianapolis was the other proposal in the final 2 last year. It had my vote because we were set up to view the convertible. I would certainly vote for it again.
I thought about resubmitting the proposal from Indianapolis, but I wasn't going to change it at all. I was told it wasn't a very good proposal, so I decided against it.

Mike
1993 Chevrolet Beretta Base V6
NastyEllEssWon

Post by NastyEllEssWon »

last minute snuck in the nj proposal  

whoa this is awesome