Xentec plug n play HID kit

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
sp33d1nc0rs1ca

Xentec plug n play HID kit

Post by sp33d1nc0rs1ca »

I recently purchased a Xentec p n p 10,000k HID kit for the car. I must say for $32.95 w/ free shipping I am impressed. Very simple set up. Did it in 10 minutes. Replacement bulbs are $17.35 a pair.

pics.

when i got the kit

first, mount the ballast's anywhere convenient. zip ties and double face tape are included, and there is holes for mounting with screws. I used zip ties and mounted them to the back of the rad support in front of the battery and coolant container.

second, connect the wire attached to the ballast to your factory low beam harness plug

third, put the bulbs into the headlights and connect the wires from the bulbs to the wire that then also connects to the ballast.

lastly, reinstall headlamps, tuck away excess wires, then turn them on and enjoy! :D

warm up time about 15 - 25 seconds. for a product purchased off Ebay, I couldn't be happier with them. a friend of mine has had his set of Xentec's for almost a year and has had no problems. the ballast's are shock and waterproof.
like I said installation is so easy that my 3 year old nephew could do it. lol.

-Alan
SP33D1N
CORSITECH
berettaboi

Re: Xentec plug n play HID kit

Post by berettaboi »

nice! yeah i got a set similar from ebay, same price pretty much. my H3 fogs have been in for 2+ months, daily driven, and are going great, i have the headlights also, but one ballast was DOA... waiting for a replacement. both 8000k's, i actually find it a touch too blue. but with just my fogs i can see soooo much better at night, and signs? they glow from like 2 km away now! cant wait to hook in the headlights... (i could just switch ballasts to the headlights as i bought the same brand... but i like my fogs)

i mounted the ballasts behind the headlights, on the rad/core support, near the fender wells, tucked in there nicely. have to remove the headlights and mounting panel to get to them, but i have gotten quick at that!

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
sp33d1nc0rs1ca

Post by sp33d1nc0rs1ca »

oh yeah i love how the signs glow way out like half a dozen cars ahead of me in traffic. lol. i might play with the mounting some more. maybe after i get around to an engine swap.

-Alan
SP33D1N
CORSITECH
Kris GTwhat?

Post by Kris GTwhat? »

ive had my xentecs for over 2 years now with no problems. not bad for 34 bucks shipped. except i cant imagine how blinding it is from the front. i have euro headlights on my z so the beam is much more suitable, and i never get flashed or pulled over. im a happy customer ;)

1991 GTZ: RIP
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

why oh why 10,000k? So little visible light in that temp... your actually throwing less light than a 6,000k bulb.

Also since you put HID's in a regular housing you need to REALLY be sure they are aimed low... if they are slightly off they will be blinding to anyone... Standard housings scatter light so bad it's not even funny.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

10000k is a color choice obviously rather than a amount of light for most people, which is silly to me.

Also, Dick move without projector housings. Lol

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Not always true, some people don't realize that colored light is less effective, some think the blue is brighter.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

People think that? Never underestimate the power of stupidity i guess.... Lol

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
sp33d1nc0rs1ca

Post by sp33d1nc0rs1ca »

The day after I put them in I reaimed my lights lower because of the standard style of the hedlamp. And yes I bought the 10k purely for looks. I have already ordered 6k bulbs for the kit. I mean the visibility isn't too bad on the roads with no street lights. Lol. I don't really mind them. I still am able to use my brights which is a plus.

-Alan
SP33D1N
CORSITECH
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

I hate blue lights. Can't wait to get whiter hids for my bimmer

berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

not to mention i'm sure the visibility distance with the 10k bulbs is still better than stock bulbs... i wanted a clean light with a tinge of blue... the 8000k is to blue for me actually.

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

5000K is perfect. White, very faint hint of blue. 6000K is too blue IMHO.

I put 5000K in my old GTP, and have put 5000K retrofitted with RX330 projectors in my Legacy's headlamps... HUGE difference when you use an actual projector meant for HID's!

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Yeah I still have the factory projectors in my legacy but they work pretty good, there is a nice cut off so I don't blind on coming traffic.

Geoff how hard was it to retrofit the RX330's?

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

Stupid easy. A couple bumps on the bowl that held the RX330 shield in place had to be cut off to allow the Legacy shield to sit flush, everything else was bolt in. I used TSX clear lenses from theretrofitsource.com. Only thing about using those lenses is the lip that holds the lens in the housing is slightly thinner than the Legacy ones, so I made a spacer of sorts out of solid core wire (I think it was 14 gauge). I colored it black so you couldn't see it if you looked at the projector. Been running that setup for over a year now, and everything is great. Although I do need to re-aim them; the place I used originally wasn't as level as I thought, so I get flashed every now and then (but I put HIR's in the high beams so they get an eyeful back lol).

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I think I might go with the Morimoto kit since its a direct drop in... but its $150 for just the projectors with no HID's since I already have those.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"