3800 Series III Turbo...

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
nocutt

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by nocutt »

89GTZ,
thanks a lot...on the road?...good question, just waiting on a stick of exhaust tubing to complete the catback (3"), do a wittle bit of TLC in the interior...while it is in the shop I have to take advantage  

Norm,
       Point well taken...it was the most thunderous debate we had yesterday...lol!
Unfortunately doing an auxillary fuel system like this requires a compromise...one of 'em been distance of this unit relative to the TB...so the injector are basically locked based on that...the fuel line is definately going thru the top of the up pipe, the lines are also going to be braided and I have a good 3"- 4" away from the turbine...(which will also be shielded as you alluded)...
Thanks I appreciated the concern...

Q
U
O
T
E originally posted by Norm:
...and remember to carry a fire extinguisher...Maybe plumb  halon system...I gat the halon  

Norm 88GT

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by Norm 88GT »

Why not an alcohol or water set like this one:

http://www.europeancarweb.com/projectca ... c_projbmw/

Your not gaining much with ambient temp. fuel.  Alcohol in your climate might the ticket.  Safer too!

If you really wanted cooler charge than abient for your street racing or 1/4...still don't know what your goal is...go cryo cooled IC.

Norm

Norm -
'88 GT => V8 - http://www.beretta.net/board/ib3/ikonbo ... ;f=9;t=261
'00 C5 MN6 - Procharged

berettaspeed

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by berettaspeed »

Very nice shielding work. if you don't mind how did you do that?? i may have to do something like that, but im not good with flat sheet metal and stuff. but im willing to try. now did you sneak those in or take everything apart. LOL all of a sudden i see those in there.

damn your going Kill me on 1/4 times. LOL

i still can see how you found all that room under the hood. LOL

Best ET 14.313@95.37 N/A
Best MPH 14.438@95.71 N/A
89GT 5spd
3400MPFI & Boost
spacecadetz26

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by spacecadetz26 »

I'm going with Coolingmist for my alky needs  

Steph
94 Camaro B4C Special Service Package
nocutt

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by nocutt »

(Norm 88GT @ Nov. 05 2005,13:40)Q
U
O
T
EWhy not an alcohol or water set like this one:

http://www.europeancarweb.com/projectca ... c_projbmw/

Your not gaining much with ambient temp. fuel.  Alcohol in your climate might the ticket.  Safer too!

If you really wanted cooler charge than abient for your street racing or 1/4...still don't know what your goal is...go cryo cooled IC.
I hear you Norm...
This setup is primarily for road racing...and any fun competition event...quarter mile is last on the list...regardless I am using enough injectors for a little over 32X hp...these injectors are mainly to add a measure of safety if I happen to go over my intended goal...especially when pushing close to 6300-6500RPM...of course this is theory I have to know how the car behaves before taking it up there and if it is even necessary...I am not sure if you are following me...
I really like the idea of alcohol, but it is really not for me...my previous setup with a 48mm turbo did not give me too much KR till I started to push over 10psi...(which also was knocked down to numbers

Q
U
O
T
E posted by Bspeed:

Very nice shielding work. if you don't mind how did you do that?? i may have to do something like that, but im not good with flat sheet metal and stuff. but im willing to try. now did you sneak those in or take everything apart. LOL all of a sudden i see those in there

Thanks man...flat sheets are easier to work with IMO, I figure out what I need cut, bend whatever is necessary show Chris West or Steve 'tennessee' these ideas especially when welding is involved (I cannot weld things opened for viewing...meaning I weld like ....ish...lol!) the intake up pipe was removed for the Xover shield, the down pipe shield are two pieces, the rear (not pictured) is aluminum (one piece) and is actually almost wrapping the DP...that was made by tennessee, I used two pieces for the pipe immediately after the turbine...looks more like an "L"...hard to really see.

Quarter mile time?...well we will see, going straight is not one of those attributes that shows potential in my case...NOW only if I could use some REAL slicks...then we talking...
I don't show too many progression pics because it clutters the point and eats bandwidth...if you have specifics PM or better yet just email me and I will be willing to help...
thanks...

Thanks for looking ppl..

z284pwr

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by z284pwr »

(nocutt @ Nov. 06 2005,16:41)Q
U
O
T
EI don't show too many progression pics because it clutters the point and eats bandwidth...if you have specifics PM or better yet just email me and I will be willing to help...
thanks...

Thanks for looking ppl..
I know this is off-topic, but I'm sure many people really enjoy the pictures and want more, so...if you do need any "bandwidth" space or web hosting space, I have atleast 3 different places I can store images for you if you are running low.  Don't have to worry about the photobucket thing either....

And I'm sure there would be several others willing to host pictures if it required you know, for movies, sounds, etc. etc.

Brian Edwards
'73 Trans Am - 455/Auto
'79 Suburban - 454/Auto
'88 Beretta GT - 3.1/5spd
'90 Beretta Indy - 3.1/Auto
'90 TGP - 3.2 Turbo/Auto
'04 TSX - 2.4/Auto
IsaacHayes

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by IsaacHayes »

What have you been working on.... Too quite in this thread all of a sudden...  

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...
TurboGTU

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by TurboGTU »

I assume a beretta or a fiero.

BTW..what is your line of work? You got $$$$ to burn..and I want in! I know you don't get it with oil changes and a burger stand.  

88 IMSA Beretta GTU w/McLaren TGP turbo system. Crane 260 cam, Ported heads...Lots more. Soon Bullet proof 3t40.
90 Black Turbo Grand Prix  -- The restoration project.
nocutt

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by nocutt »

Q
U
O
T
EBTW..what is your line of work?

Full time student and flip burgers while doing oil changes  

nocutt

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by nocutt »

Q
U
O
T
EWhat have you been working on.... Too quite in this thread all of a sudden...

LOL!! way too busy to do update...but here ya go  

I cheaped out and got some eastwood hi-temp paint...

1988GTU

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by 1988GTU »

Here I was trying in life...  crap
I better apply at my local McD then go to a commun. college and earn my harlequin degree.  

_________
-------------
nocutt

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by nocutt »

Removed the turbo unit for the nth time...hopefully last time at least not to paint...

nocutt

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by nocutt »

haha '88GTU...on the late shift too
umm welcome to mcdonalds how can I help you?  

nocutt

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by nocutt »

...let me order a couple of heat sheilding...
1 turbine sheild
1 crossover shield
2 down pipe shield...pls make one in aluminum...
to go?
Yes...!!paper or plastic...oh wait, that isn't mcdonalds. God I need some sleep

nocutt

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by nocutt »

the bare essentials...getting ready to be cleaned for painting...