My 94...corsica..

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
unsmart1

My 94...corsica..

Post by unsmart1 »

Well..its not a beretta..but might as well be another one under my belt.

'94 Corsica. LOADED. Power everything. 3100/auto. 122K. Runs and drives way better than you ever thought a $300 beater would. Have already put 4k on it.

Bought it from the second owner that owned it since '01. Replaced alternator, serp belt, coil packs, ign mod, ac comp, heater core, heater controls, new exhaust. My brother in law told me about it because i needed something cheaper on gas than my '86 RamCharger.

Here's some info on the car.. It was given to his kids for school when they got their licenses, then he each got their own cars. The daughter rear ended someone with it..so its bumper cover is split in spots. Then the radiator blew out, he didn't have the time to do it, and didn't feel like having a shop do it. So I went and talked to him about it (knowing these are virtually the same as a beretta) and he ended up just telling me, "You know what, since it's just sitting here, and you know how to fix the stuff wrong with it and am ok with it, how about I sell it to you for what I'd get scrapping it, how's $300 sound?" I whipped out 3 bills and it was a done deal and I drove it up the street to my brother in laws. The next day i had it titled, a radiator in, different wheels with actually good tires and drove it to work.

Typical gm white paint issue.

I hate blue interiors, but this ones in good shape, the guy was BIIIIIG on the kids keeping it clean.

So far Ive done:
Crosslaces off a '90 GT my buddy rolled this past winter.. $50 for the set. Scrapped the 14 inch steelies.
Pads and rotors.
Replaced rear brake lines.
Wheel cylinders.
Drums i had from my '94 Z.
Cavalier strut brace.
Plugs and wires.
3/16 flat steel welded in where the drivers rear spring perch was rusted almost gone.
Battery.
Got the headlight dimmer to work.
Got the e-brake to work. There was parts missing in the drums.
Got the dash lights working.
Sealed a rust hole in the spare tire well.
Replaced the missing passenger mirror..thanks to the beretta.

What it needs but I probably wont worry about..
Front bumper cover looks like crap..
Grille is glued together..
Rear inner bumper is rusted in half with a piece of 1/8in angle welded in in places...or looks like portions of a old bed frame.
Throws the egr code.

Plans...just keep it going. When the body rusts away and cant be patched up anymore, Im donating the wiring and drivetrain to my Beretta.

ONE THING THAT BUGS ME!:
ITS TOO F'ING QUIET! lol.

Never was a fan of corsicas, but the price was right and it runs and drives pretty good, and I havent had any real issues.

'86 Dodge Ramcharger 2wd- 360, "X" heads, bored .020 over, decked .010, 833 4spd, 3:55 gear.
'88 base/z-z51 supension, '93 olds 3.1, more stuff than its worth.
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: My 94...corsica..

Post by 3X00-Modified »

94+ Beretta's are just as quiet...

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
unsmart1

Post by unsmart1 »

Yeah..i know. Ive just never had anything quiet. Either rusted/broken exhaust...straight piped..or put some cheapo muffler on. But its nice to have something quiet for when sometimes i dont get home from work til almost 4-4:15am..I sure couldnt pull that with my dodge..headers, dual 2.5in pipes, flowmaster 40s dumping at the rearend..yeah neighbors get pissed lol.

'86 Dodge Ramcharger 2wd- 360, "X" heads, bored .020 over, decked .010, 833 4spd, 3:55 gear.
96B-Mike

Post by 96B-Mike »

keep it up!

90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

I had a corsy once, i kinda liked it. I should have kept it, would have been the only 5spd corsy in the area that i knew of. Maybe that will be my next one i get instead of a Beretta... hmmm

Keep up the good work man :)

Geoff
95 Base V6: Current Project; Work In Progress
unsmart1

Post by unsmart1 »

Thanks. I thought about putting a 5spd and all that in it but..I think this car ill just drive the damn thing and fix it when it needs fixed. Its the work car.

I might wanna add that i put a 3400 TB on, and I plan to put a spare Z spoiler on it, the @$$ end just looks bare.

And I forgot to mention the front sway bar is somehow f'in SNAPPED! I was driving down the road when i first got it and wondered wth some thumping was..looked and sure enough the sway bar is broken and bouncing around on the control arm. Maybe ill fix that on one of my days off when i replace one of the struts.

Koots

Post by Koots »

Cool to see another Corsica on here!

I'm currently finishing up a bunch of work on getting my $100 beater project Corsica on the road. It's cost me much more than that now, but It should be rock solid once it's done.

I noticed too that you were looking for an LTZ grille, I just recently bought one on here. I should have pics of it installed in a few days :D

unsmart1

Post by unsmart1 »

Koots wrote:Cool to see another Corsica on here!

I'm currently finishing up a bunch of work on getting my $100 beater project Corsica on the road. It's cost me much more than that now, but It should be rock solid once it's done.

I noticed too that you were looking for an LTZ grille, I just recently bought one on here. I should have pics of it installed in a few days :D

Rub it in why dontcha haha jk.

Well yesterday while it was raining like a mofo ALL day, I found out this turd has the cowl leak somewhere..but where it is, its leaking in then down onto the under dash plastic and then dripping down from there onto the passenger side rubber floor mat and the carpet isnt wet. So i stuck a ice cream bucket where its dripping from. Guess the next time there's decent day I'll be looking for that.

berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

Koots wrote:I noticed too that you were looking for an LTZ grille, I just recently bought one on here. I should have pics of it installed in a few days :D

haha dick move... but funny

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
unsmart1

Post by unsmart1 »

berettaboi wrote:
Koots wrote:I noticed too that you were looking for an LTZ grille, I just recently bought one on here. I should have pics of it installed in a few days :D

haha dick move... but funny

Right?! Oh well im not to concerned about finding one though. Its only driven 30mi a day on the interstate for 5 days then its parked on the weekend. Whose gonna be driven down the interstate and go "Oh that non ltz corsica has an ltz grille, thats cool."? lol.