What's my '91 GTZ worth?

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
DanLongIsland

What's my '91 GTZ worth?

Post by DanLongIsland »

Hi guys,

I have to sell my '91 GTZ asap and have no idea what it's worth considering there are a number of issues with the car.  I have posted the car under the classifieds on this site using "best offer" as my asking price, but thought someone might have a better idea.  Here are the specs on the vehicle:

I bought this car new off the showroom floor in 1991.  Due to a known problem with blown head gaskets, which the car had at 3 years old, Chevy replaced the original Quad-4 with a 1994 Quad 4, which ran
great until 3 years ago when 3 bearings were blown, since which time the car has been sitting on the side of my house. The car was still running when parked, but I have not started it up since. The '94 engine has about 60k miles on it.

The exterior is in decent condition, with one small indent (2" x 4") on the front fender (a vehicle with a metal frame on the back backed into me at a red light), and some issues with the front ground effects (some paint coming off, and I think there is a crack, which I will check later), but otherwise no major issues. ÂÂÂ

The interior was in mint condition when I parked it 3 years ago, but since that time a kid shot my windshield
with a bb-gun which I didn't realize right away, and water has gotten inside. There is water on the floor, and mildew on the dash and doors, and a few spots on the seats. I don't know if any of this will clean up, but I don't have time to try it myself, so have to sell the car as-is.  The cloth seats were ScotchGuard treated at the factory, so they may clean up well--everything from food to one time a pool of ink from a pen came right off with a damp rag--amazing stuff that ScotchGuard.  When the car was parked, there wasn't so much as a dot of discoloration or staining anywhere on the cloth or door panels.  I will say that I took care of this care while I was still driving it, and if you can get the mildew off, there's a gem underneath.  The interior was like brand new when I parked it, save for some foam wear showing on the driver's side seat from getting in and out, but I'll bet you could get some foam in there and it'll be like new as the cloth is fullt intact--assuming the interior is salvageable.  If everything else is salvageable, I can say that you will need a new headliner which is sagging, and possibly new carpeting.

The car is white with the color coded white rims and grey interior and dash.  I must sell this car immediately as I have to remove it from the property asap.  I do have one guy locally who wants to buy the car, but first I don't know how much to ask, and second I thought I would offer it to someone here who is a true enthusiast of the Beretta.
ÂÂÂ
I'm going to take some pictures today, but meanwhile the car in this link looks just like mine:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/484362

Thank you,
Dan N. on Long Island, NY
best way to contact:  cell #516-510-0345
or:  danspontiacs at yahoo dot com

Dan, Long Island