Update- Bfest '07, etc.

Archive section for Bfest Topics
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Update- Bfest '07, etc.

Post by quad4berettagtz »

I would like to provide an update of many things to the Bfest community.  The end of '06 was very busy for me personally, and I haven't been able to keep up with internet things for the last couple of weeks, and for that I apologize.  Full time school + 50 hrs/week at work =    

On a personal note: For those of you who don't already know-- my wife Amanda and I are expecting our first child!     We are having a girl, and she is due 3/3.  While this makes things busy for me personally, I assure all of you that I will still do my best along with the rest of the Committee to bring the best Bfest possible to Detroit here in '07.  Now on with the official stuff....  

Bfest '06 Stickers---  literally being mailed out TOMORROW.  Thank you for your patience, and sorry!

The official weekend of Bfest will stay the same this year, and will be from June 21st - 24th.

Hotel- We are currently getting a hotel booked for the group.  Tenative prices are about $60/night.  Quality is on par with '05's hotel.

Park- in the process of getting a park pavillion booked.

Registration-- We are looking at getting registration open by the beginning of March.  This is tenative, so keep posted for official opening.

This is all that is happening for now.  I will be keeping the community up to date as things happen, so keep posted!!

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
cramez

Update- Bfest '07, etc.

Post by cramez »

For any of the local planner(s) for the Detroit fest, is it possible to find any information on the area that things are being held in, especially the hotel?  I'm not about to go around registration, I've been around enough that people know me better than that (so by all means just PM me whatever you get the chance to find).  My issue is that I've been to Detroit a couple times and HATE that city.  I know that the Beretta community isn't the richest one around, and I don't want to end up in some crappy area in Detroit because it's the cheapest. ÂÂÂ

This would be the 5th fest in a row and I want to go, I just want to know that my newly painted car isn't gonna get trashed and I don't have to worry about going for a cruise when I'm there.

Edit:  I know, I'm paranoid, but keep in mind I live in a city of 3,000 people; I don't like big areas and crowds to begin with.

2002 Monte Carlo SS - Daily Driver
1984 Z28 - 355/5-speed
1978 Jeep CJ-5 Renegade
1955 house - sucks up all the car money

Ebay Beretta Parts (changes weekly): http://motors.shop.ebay.com/cramez/m.html?...from=&_ipg=
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Update- Bfest '07, etc.

Hey everyone!  

I'm just sending out the FYI that the committee has officially secured a hotel for Bfest!  We will be in a major chain in one of the surrounding suburbs of Detroit.  They have a large lot to accomodate all of the cars, and they have 24 hr lot security.  In the past they have hosted large bass fishing tournaments, and have had no problems with all of the boats. (most of which are more $ than any one of our cars)  The rates for our group are $60 for a single queen, and $66 for a double queen.  They will be trying to keep us all close together, but it is based on room type.  So if you choose a single king, you may not be near the double queens and so on.  

We will be bringing you updates as they happen, so stay tuned!

Brian---  the hotel is located 20 minutes from downtown in an outlying suburb....  it looks plenty clean and suburbian there to me!!  I wouldn't be afraid to bring the car at all.  Hope this helps...  Once we open up registration you can look up the hotel and they have lots of pictures.

Eddie

Update- Bfest '07, etc.

Post by Eddie »

My name is Ed, and I've had my Beretta for about 6 months. I've been looking all around this site, and I'm wondering what the BerettaFest is. Is there anyplace where I can get information about it?

rweatherford

Update- Bfest '07, etc.

Post by rweatherford »

I know it's hard to believe, but there is actually a web site that came before the message board.  

http://www.beretta.net/events/

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 Turbo / 5-speed (sold)
Best 1/4 ET =  13.523 @ 105.16 mph

07 Mazda 5 Black on Black (it's slow)

Rodville

Update- Bfest '07, etc.

Post by Rodville »

The only problem with that is it still has info on 2006.

quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Update- Bfest '07, etc.

Sorry for the old info...  We are currently working to update the Bfest page, and there is some delay because of some personel changes.  We should have all of the updated info up within the next week or so.  Until then here is what you need to know:

BerettaFest 2007-- Detroit, MI
June 21-24th
Hotel is $60-$66 per night

Stay in tune, more updates as they come!

bbeck

Update- Bfest '07, etc.

Post by bbeck »

Sweet... As long as Flintoids don't try to kill my car again, I should be able to make it this year.... finally.  It's the weekend between my finals weekend and st. ignace car show weekend.

bbeck

Update- Bfest '07, etc.

Post by bbeck »

Is there a schedule put together yet?  I've seen postings of some events, but I was wondering if there's a general schedule available as I'm trying to figure out what days I'll be working.  A general layout like on the website for 06 would be nice.

DUNCAN05

Update- Bfest '07, etc.

Post by DUNCAN05 »

JUNE 21-24

Winner of the Endless Ride Award Berettafest 2007 (3,630mi RT)
Bring Berettafest back West!
If you have a nice set of dew strips please PM me.
bbeck

Update- Bfest '07, etc.

Post by bbeck »

I knew which days- I was asking about particular events and the times they're scheduled for

spacecadetz26

Update- Bfest '07, etc.

Post by spacecadetz26 »

you will have to wait to register to get all the info. some of the info is not given due to people showing up and not paying for registration at specific events.

Steph
94 Camaro B4C Special Service Package
bbeck

Update- Bfest '07, etc.

Post by bbeck »

can you tell me if there's events on the 21st then or if it's just arriving at the hotel and getting to know one another and how early.  I'm just trying to figure out if I'll have to take the 21st off from work or if I can come down after.

irelynx

Update- Bfest '07, etc.

Post by irelynx »

(bbeck @ Mar. 21 2007,11:15)QUOTEcan you tell me if there's events on the 21st then or if it's just arriving at the hotel and getting to know one another and how early.  I'm just trying to figure out if I'll have to take the 21st off from work or if I can come down after.
Usually the first day goes like this...

-Everyone checks in with the committee & gets their shirt/decal/packet
-Everyone checks into the hotel and starts unloading all their stuff
-Somewhere around 4pm people tend to get together in groups (some large, some small) and go somewhere together for dinner. If you're new, this is the best way to get accquainted with some of the people.
-After dinner, around 5 or 6pm, there's usually some sort of fun activity scheduled. In OH it was a place that had gokarts, laser tag, and a huge arcade. In PA it was supposed to be a place similar to that, but it got rained out.
-People are pretty much out & about until at least 7pm, with most of the groups being back to the hotel by 10pm. Usually everyone spends time hanging out & having fun at the hotel once they've returned from their after-dinner activities.

'94 Z26 (Dead. So sad. Stupid NY winters.)
'97 Grand Prix GTP (SC? What's that?)
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Update- Bfest '07, etc.

Keep posted to the new thread I'm going to start...  things are a changin'!