My Beretta Story

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
felixGTU

My Beretta Story

Post by felixGTU »

I have never shared my Beretta story so I thought I would share. Enjoy!!
This is when I bought My car bone stock GT but I painted the Rims and added the grille.

Later I found the body kit at my local jukyard and slowly started adding the parts.

Then I added The rest.

Then I bought some rims

Last I added The z26 Front bumper and Hood vent. Need to add other side. Also the door Body molding..

Chevrolet Beretta GTU/GT
NMBeretta

Re: My Beretta Story

Post by NMBeretta »

Nice ride!

90 Chevy Beretta GT/GTZ V6 3.1
98 GMC Sierra SLE Vortec V8 5.0
01 Honda Acorrd EX 2.2
http://www.beretta.net/forum/download/f ... ew&id=1088
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Does that predator kit come with door skirts? I can't remember because the last time I saw one in person was probably 04 or something.

I also think it looks better if the whole kit matches... The Z front with the predator sides and rear just don't flow as well.

I would ditch the fender vents and why only one hood vent? I have two if you need more, It should be on the side with the intake :)

Car looks good though, Hows the rust situation on it? That always determines how much effort we all want to put in to a car.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
weba

Post by weba »

Needs to be one color, otherwise it will look cheap and tacky.. I'd also get rid of the fender vent things. Other than that, nice. I like blue.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

weba wrote:Needs to be one color, otherwise it will look cheap and tacky.. I'd also get rid of the fender vent things. Other than that, nice. I like blue.
I agree, yet people actually asked me if I was going to keep my car pink and black...

lol

Don't worry Felix, most have rocked the two tone sometime in their life if the've added a body kit.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
themixer

Post by themixer »

I wouldn't rock a two tone, there is way too many honda civic two tones around with rattle can primer and flat black paint.

getting your car to look right is a very simple 2 step process

step 1 - look at it

step 1 a) put it on

step 1 beta 4.98 subsection 1) convince girlfriend to sand kit for you

step 1 b) paint it

step 2 done

So as you can see there is no reason with such a simple process, to rock a two tone car.

Just remember:

Step one - look at it
Step two - Done

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Unless you are Planning on doing a $4k paint job with a new hood that winter and you just wanted to properly fit the Z kit in the spring. As well as you just spent all your money on the engine/trans rims tires and suspension work :) Thats what I did, I only rocked the two tone for that one year and it wasn't driven much, but it did put down a 13.9 N/A in the 1/4 in that condition, so rice looking or not it still performed.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
themixer

Post by themixer »

truth, my 2.2 would run about 24 second 1/4, paint does nothing for performance

GTZfan

Post by GTZfan »

The wheels really fit, although it would look even better when the body was all blue.
And a tip for a free "mod", redo light and grille alignment :)

Its a nice car, I love the color too :D

1991 GTZ Quad4 black, all original, low miles. Beretta Calendar 2008, 2009, 2015
1992 GTZ Quad4 quaser, completely restored. Beretta Calendar 2011, 2012, 2013 images of the shiny quaser
Cliff8928
Administrator

Post by Cliff8928 »

weba wrote:Needs to be one color, otherwise it will look cheap and tacky.. I'd also get rid of the fender vent things. Other than that, nice. I like blue.
Or it least has to look intentionally two-tone. I really like the factory two-tone red over charcoal '90 GT.

Cliff Scott
felixGTU

Post by felixGTU »

Thanks everyone for your comments.
3X00-Modified- I do have the door skirts but just have not installed them. I also do have the other hood vent but I have not installed that either. I have searched for rust the only place I could find rust is the roof of the car. Just one dot not very easy to notice. I know the way I have kit now looks weird but I was planning on adding the Z26 side skirts and just leave the rear skirt. What do you guys think?

GTZfan- I already did the alignment I just do not have pictures.

I plan to paint my car blue like GTZfan. I really like the blue. This is the reason why I have the 2 tone. Seems like the fender vets are ugly so I am going to remove them.

Chevrolet Beretta GTU/GT
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

I see alot of love in this car and that's what I like to see. If you like it that's what counts. Thanks for sharing your story and welcome to Bnet.
Any plans for performance mods?

keep'em flying!
felixGTU

Post by felixGTU »

I do not have any performance upgrades in mind. The thing I added is a K&N stock replacement filter. I live in california so I have to have my car smog legal. If I had the money I would like to add a 3400 to my Beretta.

Chevrolet Beretta GTU/GT
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Smog legal is not hard with these engines, but IIRC if you were to 3400 swap the car then wouldn't you have to move over all the electronics and emissions that were on the car you took the motor from to be legal? Something like they emissions test it for the year of the engine regardless of what year car it's in.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
felixGTU

Post by felixGTU »

I have known people that put other engines in their cars but I have to get better informed. For now I am happy with 3.1 MPFI. It has 82,153 miles. when the motor dies I will investigate even more to see what I can do to install a 3400 motor.

Chevrolet Beretta GTU/GT