door seal rain leak

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...
themadness

door seal rain leak

Post by themadness »

my headliner is soaked right around the top of the door on the driver side. its not the foam that goes all the way around the one that just goes along the top of the door that i think is the culprit. i pulled it off and it has a badly rotted clear silicone bead. i'm going to go ahead and redo that but what else should i look at in that area? the headliner is wet from the door jamb area to the sun visor....

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: door seal rain leak

Post by 3X00-Modified »

door hinges may be worn allowing the door to not sit tight against the car.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
themadness

Post by themadness »

anyway to fix that....(besides replacing the hinges)

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Take the hinge off, drill it out bush it and replace it with a removable pin... But if you have a rusty roof around the seal then that's a different problem.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
themadness

Post by themadness »

man this the JFK magic bullet/WTC7 collapse of water leaks! the headliner is wet from the visor to rear of the door. silicone was no joy stop it and the door appears to be closing correctly. here's the kicker though, there is zero water on the windshield and the water on the dash is closer to the windshield than the steering wheel area. almost as if its being projected from under the headliner. i have dash mat that is water resistant so it just beads up whatever water gets on it. i need a water leak commission to some investigating......

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Sounds like the front of the roof under the windshield is leaking... Remove your headliner and see where the drips come from.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
themadness

Post by themadness »

i pulled it down on that side yesterday and there was condensation/moisture all the way to the door jamb from the front. i'm baffled to say the least.......

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Then its leaking from the windshield... the condensation you see could be pollution from the headliner soaking up the water, hence why you need to remove the whole headliner and wait till it leaks again and see where it drips from. As long as you have something there to soak it up its going to spread and leave you clueless as to where the water is coming in.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"