stutter putter....help

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: stutter putter....help

Post by 3X00-Modified »

You asked what can be done to test this stuff, we gave you options but instead of humoring us and trying them you were pricing parts and getting quotes on replacements before even knowing if that is the issue.

I think for a $15 pressure gauge that can easily clear up any questions on a $400 repair that would be worth it.

And at $60 hr do the math, also ask for an itemized quote so you can see the amount of hours they are charging and know what they charge you over list price on parts because they will always charge you well over what you can get from Rock Auto on the same part. I also don't like it when I see people compare DIY part costs to a shop quote, it's not a fair comparison in the least since that shop individual is covered for any injuries that may happen working on your car... Overhead is not cheap. If your capable of DIY stuff then great, you can see what you will save but if you can't do that and don't have someone who can help then you can't call the shop price a rip off unless it's a direct comparision to another shop quote.

I guess you can say yes it aggravates me when someone asks for help, and I take the time to reply with a trouble shooting method and rather than doing that procedure the individual continues to just guess at what could be wrong on a hunch, or throw in more variables that may or may not have anything to do with the current issue at hand.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
themadness

Post by themadness »

3X00-Modified wrote:You asked what can be done to test this stuff, we gave you options but instead of humoring us and trying them you were pricing parts and getting quotes on replacements before even knowing if that is the issue.

I think for a $15 pressure gauge that can easily clear up any questions on a $400 repair that would be worth it.

And at $60 hr do the math, also ask for an itemized quote so you can see the amount of hours they are charging and know what they charge you over list price on parts because they will always charge you well over what you can get from Rock Auto on the same part. I also don't like it when I see people compare DIY part costs to a shop quote, it's not a fair comparison in the least since that shop individual is covered for any injuries that may happen working on your car... Overhead is not cheap. If your capable of DIY stuff then great, you can see what you will save but if you can't do that and don't have someone who can help then you can't call the shop price a rip off unless it's a direct comparision to another shop quote.

I guess you can say yes it aggravates me when someone asks for help, and I take the time to reply with a trouble shooting method and rather than doing that procedure the individual continues to just guess at what could be wrong on a hunch, or throw in more variables that may or may not have anything to do with the current issue at hand.

lets be fair, i asked this question yesterday. i cant try everything overnight. getting prices on parts is basically just shopping until i can figure out where and when i will be able to have it looked at. a 15 dollar gauge is worthy investment compared to 400 dollars. my father in law has one i think and is pretty good at that kind of stuff. that can be done in due time.

i never said any shop price was a rip off man. i was just surprised at the cost because i have never had a pump replaced. i have known the guy at the shop i got from for a while and he has told me on several occasions that he will price match parts to keep the cost down. as far as where he makes up the difference i dont know. i'm well aware that overhead is costly.

however, if i called the shop my father in law used and he quoted me a hundred dollars less, then i might would say it was a rip off. they charged him 100 dollars plus the cost of the pump for his van. but again i never said it was any one was a rip off.

i guess you could say it aggravates me when someone takes offense to a beginner asking questions.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Wasn't referring to you when I said what I did about the comment on the quote, also remember two different cars two different costs.... Some vans don't require the tank to be removed or can be accessed from above greatly reducing the labor costs.

I can understand asking questions, but you got an answer to it, so why shift gears and then go in a completely different direction before looking into the options given to your first problem... that I just don't understand. Solve one issue at a time and first and fore most troubleshoot it before worrying about replacement costs.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
themadness

Post by themadness »

i was simply trying to get as many different opinions and options. your advice is probably the most technically sound as you have had many experiences with berettas. but if someone came across the same problem that they were fortunate enough to solve with a much simpler solution then i would go that route. pricing different parts is just my way of being prepared for whatever the solution to the problem may be.

certainly not an attempt to ignore suggestions and advice.

dddelite

Post by dddelite »

sounds like the same problem I had with my 93 GT and my 92 GT....tranny solenoid.